21 July 2010

Patchwork Scrap Scarf: Tutorial Link



If you are at all like me, you just can't bear to throw those scraps of fabric away. You know the ones - they are just a few inches square, but you LOVE that fabric and can't seem to find it anywhere anymore! Or how about that three inch wide strip you cut off of that skirt when you hemmed it up? The fabric was just so pretty! All those scraps may have been sitting in your scrap box for two years, but you just know they will come in handy one day. How could you throw them away?!?

I am always in need of projects that use up those little scraps, I really cannot throw them away. I've found a lovely photo tutorial over at Javajem's blog for these adorable and thrifty scarves. I know that it isn't quite the season for scarves yet, but it never hurts to get started early on that holiday crafting. In my world, the week leading up to Christmas is filled with a mad dash to finish crafting, visit family, and a crap-ton of baking. It doesn't help that my birthday also happens to fall on December 25th. This year, I vow to actually have some time for myself, which is why I'm already looking into some winter crafts.

Head over here to see the step-by-step photo tutorial that Jody has been kind enough to share.

I plan on making a dinosaur scarf for my little little brother and a gray + black one for my big little brother. Maybe I'll have to make one for myself using all those different colored leopard print scraps I have in my scrap box.

No comments:

Post a Comment