21 July 2010

Child's Color Book

I was inspired to make my little little brother a color book after seeing a similar project in Craft & Home Projects. I didn't care much for their version, but I thought that it was a really cute concept. I thought theirs looked, I dunno, a little too handmade and boring.

I searched high and low on the internet for a template that had multiple large tags of the same shape and size. I found plenty of tag templates, but they were of various sizes and shapes. So, I took an index card, folded it in half, and cut the corners off. I then traced the tag onto sheets of white card stock and cut them out. So far, I have the red, blue, yellow, and green pages mostly done. You can't tell from the picture, but some of the paper on the green one is glittery. I love me some sparkle! I swear, if it will hold still long enough, I'll cover anything and everything in glitter. As long as these pages don't end up too thick, I may use some sticky laminate pages to laminate these, since it is meant for a three year old. Stay tuned for the completed project!

No comments:

Post a Comment