05 July 2010

First Post

I thought that I might make my first post an introduction. Makes sense, right?

I am 23 years old and have been crafting for as long as I can remember. My grandmother taught me how to crochet, my mother taught me how to embroider, my dad taught me how to draw, and I've gotten myself into just about everything else by utilizing the internet and local book stores. I dabble in a bit of everything - paper crafts, crochet, embroidery, polymer clay, sewing, jewelry making, resin casting, you name it and I'd love to try it!

I've also always enjoyed writing. For part of my high school career, I had the opportunity to have my curriculum based on my interests. Subsequently, I ended up accumulating fourteen different English classes! I also had the wonderful title of Co Editor for my high school newspaper, which was a wonderful (and stressful!) experience.

Because books can be so darn expensive, and because I can't read and craft at the same time, I enjoy listening to audio books while I craft. Recently, I have been on a massive Philip K. Dick binge. I've listened to A Scanner Darkly at least four times over the past couple months! I also love John Steinbeck, George Orwell, and Chuck Palahniuk, among others.

I love horror films, especially zombie movies, so a lot of my crafts are heavily influenced by this genre. I also enjoy watching films that are based on books, such as One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Stephen Kings movies rock my socks, especially The Stand.

I have one pet rat name Lucky. I generally call him Mr. Lucky Rat or Mr. Rat Man. I have had as many as eight rats at one time! I love animals of all sorts, but am definitely most fond of cats and rodents. I do love dogs, though, and am currently hoping to pursue a career as a pet hygienist and stylist (fancy talk for groomer and teeth cleaner!) and eventually become a veterinarian technician.


Well, that's all for now! I look forward to sharing my crafty finds with everybody.

Get inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment